Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I can't believe it's been so long.....

It has been over a month since I have last blogged. In truth, I've had a hundred blog subject ideas but no time to committ to them. I've been so busy. What have I been doing you ask? HOMESCHOOLING! So once I got past the mourning of the lost of my mornings, I then got to work on deciding exactly what I'm going to do to get this child of mine to get her back interested in learning. While most schools of thoughts suggest deschooling as a way to decompress. To totally give up learning at all is WAY too lax for my personality. However, we are in a sort of decompressing stage around here. Ours just includes a little Math, Language Arts, and Reading. We mix in a little Science and History. She wants to know about her History, so we've been reading alot about Africa and how we got to the U.S. We've been watching movies, visiting the library and cooking African foods.

My approach to EVERYTHING is to deeply immerse myself in to what I'm doing, most times to the exclusion of everything else and find out as much information as possible. So while I ordered book after book (to Jerry's dismay) on the subject of homeschooling and the different "schools of thoughts" on curriculum (or not to have a curriculum), I literally couldn't do anything else. So that meant, no photography, no extracurricular reading, and no watching Grey Anatomy or Desperate Housewives. It has been about a month and we are still finding our stride, but I have narrowed down our choice of study and I'm hoping it works out. Now I can relax and breathe and I have room to think of something else. So, I picked up my camera and recorded one of our afternoon escapades. Our afternoons are back sunny around these parts. So we are off most days to the park and different beaches, which is the best part. No afternoons and nights of frustrating homework. Now I will shut-up and show you some photos.

_DSC1952(blog)
We love hanging out at this park because it's actually a park/ beach. I got a little funky in the editing of these pictures. Just trying a little something different.
_DSC1954(blog)

_DSC1959(blog)

_DSC1964(blog)

_DSC1963(blog)
We walk along the beach and Ariel is very in to looking at the different rocks and shells.
_DSC1965(blog)
However because of Red Tide, there were a lot of dead fish washed up on the beach. I look back at Cailin to make sure she was still with us and she had a rather large dead fish in her hand. I was shocked and I screamed. Which made her drop the fish and scream. Ariel washed her hands off in the water. Which now looking at this photo, doesn't seem like a good idea, but she had fish scales and other sorts on her hand. I did have hand sanitizer in the car. Which she used right after the hand washing in the bacteria filled water....ha!
_DSC1961(blog)
There are people that live on the water and until this day, I had never seen or heard them, until this day when I seen them out on their decks. And I kid you not we heard Shake It Fast. You know, the song by Mystikal.
_DSC1996(blog)

_DSC2001(blog)
Totally unrelated but I had to share. Rylie had dozed off to sleep in my arms and I was putting her down for a nap (yeah she looks really sleepy, right?) and she popped her head up like this. Please forgive the soft focus as I only had seconds to capture this.
_DSC1968(blog)
_DSC1953(blog)
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blog designed in collaboration by Zip.Zog.Zoom. and Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Simple Beauty" kit.