Friday, February 26, 2010

What have I been doing you ask?

Are you one of those persons that makes list? Well. I do. Grocery List. Dinner list. Task list. I believe I am a visual person and so my lists are a way for me to SEE what I have to do. The task list are the things that I plan on doing during the week. They usually include things like: the days I plan to exercise, days I plan to clean (wish I could say that I clean everyday), work days, photography, and etc.  But man, I've been having a hard time checking off this list. My tasks are carrying over week to week. Makes me want to throw my hands up.

Anyway this is what we've been up to. About six months ago, I decided I was going to cut off my hair. I mean clipper cutting short. So I woke up one day a few months ago and decided that, YES, today was the day. Look at what I've done!
_DSC2018(blog)
When she was cutting my hair, I felt free. Can't really explain it other than that. And since then I felt a little "lighter". Now I am just a shower away from starting my day. No more dryer, flatiron, or curling iron for me. Wish I could say that Jerry felt the same. Ha! The day after I done this, he called me during the day to ask if I was ok. He wanted to know if the kids and baby were too much for me (as I type this it makes me smile). He was genuinely concerned. I assured him I was ok!
_DSC2093(blog)
My little baby has started (this week) to suck her thumb. She gets that thumb right in the mouth and curls up those fingers right by the lip. While I think it is absolutely adorable, I also know it's a hard habit to break later on. So I've been taking her thumb out of her mouth and giving her a pacifier instead. Only to find that she spits the pacifier out and puts the thumb back in her mouth. Ha!
_DSC2017(blog)
This One was riding down the driveway on a Big Wheel and hit the garbage can. The impact through her from her bike onto the ground. She immediately came crying into the house and said her neck hurt. Now, I was thinking that she couldn't have hurt herself from the fall. After all, a Big Wheel is like 2 inches off the ground, but since she had just awoken from a nap, I thought she must have just slept wrong (gotten a crook in her neck). I took her to the doctor 3 LONG days later only to find out that she had BROKEN HER CLAVICLE (shoulder blade). I couldn't believe it! I was distraught and felt more than a little guilty. She was laying on the couch all day for 2 days and trying to tell me in her own way that she was indeed hurt. The good news is that the healing has to happen on its own and that it happens in a few weeks. And they would have done nothing for it other than tell me to give her some Motrin or Tylenol. The sling is for her comfort, but since that day she has discarded it and favors just keeping that arm securely to her chest, while she runs and jumps! How in the world do you keep a two year old still?

1 comment:

  1. Gee whiz Keshia! You have been a busy little momma bee, that's for sure. You have a beautiful face, so you can definitely carry the short doo. I hope to one day feel that freedom! The baby looks beatiful and I hope the clavicle heals soon! Wish you the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blog designed in collaboration by Zip.Zog.Zoom. and Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Simple Beauty" kit.