Friday, August 28, 2009

Back-to-School

This year, Ariel is off to Middle School and while she has been excited about the prospects of going to a new school and changing classes, I have been the exact opposite. I was feeling like she just wasn't ready or at least I wasn't ready to have a child in Middle School or all the other stuff that comes along with having a child on the cusp of the dreaded teenage years.
After helping her making it to her first class, I was a little teary eyed when I got back to the car. It reminded of the time I was dropping her off for Kindergarten and that I am forced to face the fact that they will grow up and not be a baby forever.

DSC00402(blog)
Every year I take a picture of her and her teacher on the first day of school. Now, because she is older, I wasn't going to actually take the pictures in class. However, I did have my eye on taking them with the lake that the school sits on, in the background. She had other ideas. I grabbed the camera on the way out the door and I heard a loud long breath behind me. Then as we were getting out of the car, she said to me that we can't take pictures there. Let's go right here. Now right here was a far away corner. It was about as far away as you could possibly get from the other students. This is the first picture I got. I call this "The this is so lame look!"

DSC00403(blog)
But she knew that I wasn't going to stop until I got a pretty decent one. So this is the picture that was next. So I got exactly two pictures before she was off. Sheesh!
~Keshia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blog designed in collaboration by Zip.Zog.Zoom. and Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Simple Beauty" kit.